MD Engineering is a division of MD Group that comprises of three divisions with fields ranging from engineering to powertrain supply and marine propulsion engines. Applications – MD Engineering together with MD Powertrain work in a vast field with a wide array of specialized applications such as automotive and truck industries, engine manufacturers, industrial applications and a field of specialty custom applications. Together MD Group can take responsibility not only for engineering activities but if required also product supply and field support as required by the customer.
MD ENGINEERING hosts three engine dynos in its test facility, with each test cell having its own unique measurement range and options. This provides us a great span in terms of engine size and application to better meet our client’s requirements and specifications. All cells are equipped with high frequency,
multi-channel data logging.
TEST CELL A – Measurement range:
• 0-700 kW (1000 – 6000 rpm)
• 0-3,000 Nm (1000 – 6000 rpm)
TEST CELL B – Measurement range:
• 0-700 kW (1000 – 6000 rpm)
• 0-3,000 Nm (2500 – 6000 rpm)
TEST CELL C – Measurement range:
• 0-2,100 kW (1000 – 4000 rpm)
• 0-15,000 Nm (700 – 4000 rpm)
MD Engineering has been involved in complete engine control systems in a multitude of areas, some areas where we have deep knowledge and long experience:
• Control safety systems
• Torque management and control
• Air system diagnostics (MAF, EGR, Swirl)
• EOBD and OBDII controls and diagnostics
• Engine thermal management control and diagnostics
• After treatment systems control and diagnostics
• Stop/start control
• Boost system control for a wide variety of hardware setups:
• Single wastgate turbo and by-pass turbo
• Two-stage turbocharging
• Twin turbo
• VNT turbo
Apart from pure engine control development, MD Engineering is a comprehensive service provider, delivering solutions from single components, multi-part mechanism based drive train systems through fully-engineered powertrains.
We offer a breadth of expertise and high-class facilities to an ever growing customer base to support the development of powertrain technologies. Our industry-leading engineers and technicians ensure that test and product development programs produce the accurate, repeatable and representative results you demand.
Drawing on extensive OEM engineering experience, our engineering team is able to design, release, prototype and production release almost any powertrain component into a range of diverse applications.
Access to our extensive test facilities on-site enables full test and validation and ensures OEM standards of robustness and durability.
One of our test cells is equipped and capable of performing steady-state emissions testing on most engine applications to further meet the stringent emissions requirements. With our
emissions equipment we can measure raw exhausts and diesel particulates.
TEST CELL A and C
Equipped for Emissions testing.
Emission bench for raw exhaust measurements AVL CEBII
Exhaust component: Measurement range:
NOx 0-1500 ppm
HC 0-48000 ppm
CO low 50 – 2500 ppm
CO high 0-5%
CO2 EGR 1-20%
Diesel Particulate measurement equipment Pegasor M-sensor (for calibration)
Measuring principle: Measurement range:
ION current 1ugm3 – 250 ugm3
Diesel Particulate measurement equipment MICRO-PPS dilution tunnel
Our engineers and product analysis experts can take a wide client brief for comparative benchmark and cross product comparison. This includes all aspects of the process from virtual analysis, desktop studies, static and dynamic repeatable test scenarios to full product teardown, measurement
reporting and recommendations.
MD Engineering has vast experience in other powertrain areas such as:
• Engine test and development
• Engine calibration
• Engine benchmarking
• Engine validation and durability
• Gaseous fuel engine calibration
• Gaseous fuel engine development and validation
• Up to 15,000 Nm torque
• Exhaust emissions and fuel consumption development
• Advanced propulsion, charging and fueling
• Program management
• Engine and components analysis – Fatigue, vibration,
life cycle and durability.
• Torque or speed based fuel controller
• Ability to run Wastegate, VGT or twin turbo
• Integrated EGR controller
• J1939 communication with DM services
• GMLAN and NMEA2000
• Software ready for engine ranging from 2 cylinder
up to 8 cylinder
• After treatment compatible up to Euro VI level
• Ability to change and make new software functions within
the NIRA i7r platform
Engine Calibration MD Engineering
• Base engine calibration
• Transient calibration
• Emission calibration
Three steady state test cells for engine calibration
and emissions test.
196 pin connector with IP67 rating Up to 8 cylinder (possibility to run up to 16 cylinders with twin ECU concept) Solenoid or Piezo injectors.