AXIS DRIVE UNIT AND ASSOCIATED BENEFITS:
The unique Axis Drive power train design is like a Pod drive mounted on the transom. It eliminates the universal joint as found in traditional stern drives, ensuring that power transfer from crankshaft to propeller is more direct and quiet, with less power loss at the propeller. Most importantly, it allows full power to be applied at all steering angles and trim angles. The low drag bullet and pick up allow for high speeds.
The turning geometry of the patented integral axial steering system ensures safer high speed turns and exceptional handling characteristics at all speeds.
An electronically actuated dog clutch provides smooth, effortless gear selection controlled by the ECU.
A constant trim speed of 3 degrees per second, irrespective of load and speed. Trim range of -4 degrees to +33 degrees.
Installs using only 6 transom mounting bolts and 2 forward engine mounts, plus plug and play electronics make it the quickest and easiest installation possible.
• Through prop exhaust
• Integral Raw Water pick up
• Dual power assisted and direct helm hydraulic steering
• Chrome plated styling covers
• Integrated hall effect sensing for steering and trim angles offering closed loop feedback for digital docking control
• Dry sump main gearbox
• Low drag anti-cavitating lower unit hydrodynamic profile
• Integrated oil temperature and pressure sensing for the gearbox
• Anti – log strike shear protection for the lower unit.
• 64 degree turning arc.