Vessel downtime is a bottom line killer. The costs of a vessel being out of service can far exceed the cost of maintenance or simply replacing an engine should failure occur.
Though Marinediesel are experts in manufacturing engines for heavy use and long life cycles, our engines occasionally break down and require repair.
The best way to minimize the cost of downtime on vessels with extremely critical operating schedules is Marinediesel’s FRP – Factory Replacement Program. All Marinediesel distributors are fully trained and can offer these service agreements.
The FRP ensures that should mechanical failure occur, the quickest possible maintenance will be immediately in force.
How does the program work?
- The customer contracts in advance with Marinediesel to provide a spare engine on loan at the MTBO.
- The existing engine is removed by the local distributor and sent to the factory for overhaul.
- When complete, the newly overhauled engine is returned to the customer and installed by the distributor.
What are the advantages of this type of contract?
- As the manufacturer, Marinediesel is well-positioned and equipped to completely overhaul the engine, quickly, correctly, and to “as new” standards.
- Vessel downtime is minimized. A spare is kept by the distributor locally. “Pop it out and drop it in”. Quickly, and with no bottom line impact.
- Maintenance costs are known in advance and kept under control. No surprises for unexpected “rush” or “express” services.
- While the engine is being overhauled, the latest upgrades can be performed at the same time.
If you are interested in FRP on your next project, simply contact Marinediesel or your local distributor for a quote.