Marinediesel are seldom the cheapest engines in our class in the market. Indeed, we usually are priced somewhere in the middle: Not the cheapest, and not the most expensive, either. We do, however, feel that we give our customers much more value for their money, due to our technical advantages:
- Highest power to weight ratio: More power for the same money.
- Longest life cycle: Our competition cannot even come close.
- Lowest noise and vibration: The Laws of Physics mean that we will be quieter, with less vibration than any of our inline six cylinder competition.
- Remote diagnostic capability: Our technicians can diagnose your engine, anywhere in the world from our factory in Sweden.
- Customized performance: Go ahead. Ask Yanmar to customize an engine and get back to us on that.
These advantages make a solid case for Marinediesel well above any minor price differentials. However, we ask you to take a look at the web sites of any diesel engine manufacturers.
How many list prices online?
There are very good reasons for this.
- There is nearly always a distributor involved for all but the most customized engine (like racing engines, which are manufactured annually in the dozens, rather than thousands or tens of thousands). Distributor involvement is an absolute necessity from a service perspective and for spare parts.
- VERY few people simply purchase a bobtail engine. Most engines require a certain amount of ancillary equipment in order to be installed. Simply comparing bobtail prices is inaccurate and pretty much useless.
- Volume. It costs less to supply 100 engines than two engines.
This last point is pretty important. When you equip a fleet of vehicles with a specific engine, it is normally much cheaper than simply equipping one or two vessels. It costs Marinediesel, as the manufacturer, less to make the engines, and we pass those savings on to our customer. This is why bulk purchases are usually much cheaper on a quantity basis. It really is not much different than when one buys food at the supermarket. Big, family sizes, of products are usually cheaper than individual portion sizes.
On your next project, contact your local Marinediesel distributor for a quote. Our distributors often have a great deal of price flexibility and we will work with them to provide you the highest performance possible at the lowest price possible.