Coming in January, 2016!
V8 500 VGT Turbocharged Diesel Marine Propulsion System “Axis Drive”
Caudwell Marine® Axis Drives are the world’s most technologically advanced marine propulsion system. The 500 VGT Axis Drive, designed for standard 13° transom installations, both available with left or right hand rotation propellers, is packed with innovative features not found in competitive drives.
This range of engines is designed to be as compact and lightweight as possible while maintaining durability and serviceability. They are intended for lightweight and high speed vessels and have a light duty rating.
• The aerodynamically efficient variable geometry turbocharger and the improved high pressure direct fuel injection system allow the 6.6 litre V8 to respond immediately and deliver smooth, consistent power, with a flat torque curve from 1 850 rpm all the way to the red line
• 4 valves per cylinder.
• Common Rail fuel injection.
• Variable geometry turbo.
• Safety warning systems monitor engine coolant temperature and level.
• Raw water flow is also monitored by exhaust temperature sensors.
• The engine’s closed cooling system gives improved corrosion resistance and minimizes the amount of flushing required after use.
• Raw water circulation is controlled by a belt driven rubber impeller pump, ensuring adequate water flow to the intercooler, heat exchanger, engine oil and power steering coolers.
• Both the engine and drive systems are controlled electronically by the NIRA Engine Control Unit (ECU).
• Electronically controlled variable geometry turbo to ensure excellent bottom end torque and performance.
• Gear train noise is minimized though using a CentaFlex Torsional damper system.
• Exhaust noise is reduced via routing exhaust gasses through the propeller hub.
AXIS DRIVE UNIT AND ASSOCIATED BENEFITS:
The unique Axis Drive power train design is like a Pod drive mounted on the transom. It eliminates the universal joint as found in traditional stern drives, ensuring that power transfer from crankshaft to propeller is more direct and quiet, with less power loss at the propeller. Most importantly, it allows full power to be applied at all steering angles and trim angles.
The low drag bullet and pick up allow for high speeds.
The turning geometry of the patented integral axial steering system ensures safer high speed turns and exceptional handling characteristics at all speeds.
An electronically actuated dog clutch provides smooth, effortless gear selection controlled by the ECU.
A constant trim speed of 3 degrees per second, irrespective of load and speed. Trim range of -4 degrees to +33 degrees.
Installs using only 6 transom mounting bolts and 2 forward engine mounts, plus plug and play electronics make it the quickest and easiest installation possible
• Through prop exhaust
• Integral Raw Water pick up
• Dual power assisted and direct helm hydraulic steering
• Chrome plated styling covers
• Integrated hall effect sensing for steering and trim angles offering closed loop feedback for digital docking control
• Dry sump main gearbox
• Low drag anti-cavitating lower unit hydrodynamic profile
• Integrated oil temperature and pressure sensing for the gearbox
• Anti – log strike shear protection for the lower unit.
• 64 degree turning arc.
To read more about the Axis Drive, check out our catalogue listing or MD_V8 500 VGT Axisdrive Product Bulletin. Remember, though not available until January, speak with your local Marinediesel distributor today and indicate that you would like to be one of the first to try this new and innovative drive system!